The rate at which people are dating themselves out here is hilarious. People have mastered the concept of pretence so well that you wouldn’t suspect any bit of it. So, does that person you love to the moon and back love you? Do they have the same feelings as you? Being in love is a give and take affair in the deepest kind of trust you can have with another person. In an ironic twist, it’s not possible to fall in love in an entirely safe way. There has to be a sliver of crazy involved when you give someone the power to break your heart. The best you can do is choose your partner wisely. If you’re struggling to figure out whether or not a person loves you, chances are they ain’t the right one. In reality, the best person for you won’t make you doubt their feelings. At the same time, there are signs you can look for when deciphering what those feelings are. Now take a seat and sip some juice as I take you through 12 signs that shows a person loves you.
1. They are honest with you, even when it’s hard. Sometimes telling someone what they need to hear is difficult. That fact is never truer than when it comes to someone you intensely care about. Have you ever had to tell a friend a hard truth because you knew it would serve them well in the long run? If it was only someone you had a light association with, you probably wouldn’t make the effort. If your person tells you the truth when you need to hear it, keep them.
2. They’re secure in your relationship. There’s nothing worse than an overly insecure partner who loses their mind if you don’t text back right away. Besides the annoying logistics of this, it’s also upsetting because it’s clear they don’t fully trust you. When a person is stable and unthreatened in the relationship, it makes you feel solid in it as well. A loving relationship will always include having confidence in each other.
3. They let you know that you’re on their mind. How often do you think about someone, perhaps wonder how they’re doing? A person who is in love will let you know that they think about you. It could even be something super simple, such as a mid-day text along the lines of: “Hey, hope you are doing well.”
4. They give you alone time when you need it. Everyone needs some personal space every once in a while. Some people need it more than others. In some cases, such as a heated argument, a little distance can save you from saying something you’ll soon regret. Additionally, having occasional time apart makes you value the time you do have together. It’s healthy to have alone time, and a person who loves you will understand that.
5. They apologize when they are in the wrong. Nobody wants to admit they’re wrong about something. Doing so requires a grace and humility that you’re probably not going to cultivate with someone you’re only mildly interested in. By being willing to say they’re sorry, a person can show you they care more about you than about winning an argument. Of course, this apology only counts if it’s genuine and not just a manipulation for a further goal.
6. They look for ways to make your life easier. Is there a certain annoying chore that you always leave till last because it’s your least favorite? It could be washing the dishes or folding clothes. Whatever it is, there’s a good chance that a person in love will be willing to do that chore you hate the most. Looking for ways to make your loved one’s life a little less stressful is a sign of devotion. You probably do the exact same thing for them. It’s one of the smaller benefits of having that special person in your life.
7. They prioritize you. You can always tell when someone has carved out a meaningful space for you in their life. When other engagements pop up, they will never bail on pre-existing plans with you. If you really need them, they’ll drop what they need to in order to be there for you. Most days, life tends to pull us all in a million different directions at once. Where we place our priorities and time really show what (and who) we value.
8. They miss you. Absence can make the heart grow fonder, but it can also show you that you’re fine without someone. It is very telling, one way or the other. When time apart has an impact on them, this shows substantial affection. They’ll demonstrate this feeling by letting you know you’re missed. It could be an enthusiastic kiss as soon as you walk in the door, or a “missing you” text.
9. They remember the little things. When it comes to reading signs to see if someone loves you, pay attention to the little things — because they’ll do them. You two may go to the movies and they’ll mix your popcorn with Crips because you once mentioned you liked that combination.
10. They listen to you. There’s a huge difference between nodding your head along when someone’s talking and actually listening to them. A legitimate listener will wait until you finish talking before crafting a response, instead of formulating it while you speak. An engaged listener is a rare commodity in this distracted world we live in. Listening takes effort, and you don’t exert effort with someone you aren’t invested in.
11. They make spending time together easy. Chemistry is a head-scratching concept. You can’t quite put your finger on it. What is it that makes hanging out with certain people so easy, yet with others it feels like pulling teeth? A person who looked perfect online could end up being your most awkward first date of all time. When you’re with the right person, the one you have a natural bond with, it just feels easy. Instead of staring at your feet, you’re engaged in swift conversation. Even when you’re not talking, the silence is very comfortable.
12. They make you feel it. If you find yourself straining to see the signs of authentic love, you’re probably not experiencing it. The reality is that love is shown through actions, through the way a person makes you feel. A person in love will make sure you know it. Instead of doubting yourself and the relationship, you will feel secure and desired. If you don’t feel this way, or if they seem to enjoy keeping you guessing, it’s time to move on to other better things.
13. They tell you. Is there any better feeling than being so overcome with affection that you just can’t stop yourself from saying “I love you?” It’s terrifyingly exciting the first time, but it’s still powerful every time after. A person in love will not be too cool to tell you they love you in front of other people. They will remind you regularly, through both words and actions.
14. They find little ways to show you they care. Not every gesture of love has to be impressive. In fact, it can be in the small details that you really see someone’s love for you. Maybe they warm water for you to take shower. Or perhaps they roll out of bed ten minutes before you just so you can wake up to the smell of breakfast. In the grand scheme of things, it’s the little things that count.
Do you feel I have left out on some points? Let us know in the comment section. If this blog has enlightened you feel free to share on Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter.